The Perrotis College Krinos Olive Center organizes the 2nd International Olive Center Conference on May 28-29, 2020 at its premises in Thessaloniki.
The Conference theme is "Olive Sector: Pursuing Innovation, Exploring Trends" and focuses on the following thematic topics:
- Effective route management “from farmer to processor”
- Marketing of Greek olive products: exports branding and e-commerce
- Producer groups
- Sustainability in production and processing (plant protection, carbon and water footprints)
- Waste management – Olive sector by-products
- Implementation of the bio economy principles in the olive sector
- Best practices for pesticide residue tracking
- Niche markets for the olive sector (consumer trends and opportunities, new product development, etc.)
- Nutritional and health aspects of olive products
- Olive sector as a tool for rural development
- Use of novel technologies for traceability (adulteration, quality control, quality standards)
- New olive processing technologies
The presentations will be delivered in English language and if any in Greek, translation will be provided. Key note speakers and other presentations will be reviewed by a Scientific Review Committee and the papers will be published in an ISBN’d volume of Krinos Olive Center publications.
For more information, please visit the Conference website here.
Το read more about the 1st Conference held in 2018, click here.