The educational program "Cultivation of Beans" in the prefecture of Kastoria began on December 20, 2017. The two initial training sessions were held in the hall of the municipality council of Argos Orestiko.
The training program for primary production will be completed in 10 training sessions to be held on a two-day basis by the end of May 2018. It will include 60 teaching hours and the lessons will be on a two-day basis. Upon completion of the training, five (5) trainees will be selected to receive individual tailor made training for one (1) growing season. At the same time, a total of 30 hours of training will be conducted on issues related to the standardization / processing of the primary product.
The main learning objectives for the trainee of this program are:
1. To acquire the skills and experiences that will enable him / her to meet the needs of a relative farming activity.
2. To be able to contribute to the enrichment and growth of the industry in its area.
3. To understand the dynamic and multidimensional nature of the industry.
4. To understand the environmental, social and intercultural aspects of the industry, and how it affects society, the economy and the environment.
5. To know and appreciate the concept and principles of sustainability and social responsibility in the context of the exercise of agricultural activity.