Start of the educational program "Growing of fruit trees" in the prefectures of Kozani and Pella. The lessons started on January 25th, 2018 in the hall of the local community of Pyrgoi Kozani, while for the prefecture of Pella on 31st January 2018 in the room of the Cultural Center of the municipality of Skydra.
All training programs in the medicinal and aromatic plants will be completed in 10 training sessions held on a two-day basis by the end of May 2018, including 60 teaching hours. Upon completion of the training, five (5) trainees will be selected to receive individual tailor made training for one for one (1) growing season.
The main learning objectives for the trainee of this program are:
1. To acquire the skills and experiences that will enable him / her to meet the needs of a relative farming activity.
2. To be able to contribute to the enrichment and growth of the industry in its area.
3. To understand the dynamic and multidimensional nature of the industry.
4. To understand the environmental, social and intercultural aspects of the industry, and how it affects society, the economy and the environment.
5. To know and appreciate the concept and principles of sustainability and social responsibility in the context of the exercise of agricultural activity.