Launch of the "Olive Growing" educational program in the prefecture of Evros on 23rd of January 2018. The lessons were held at the local community office of the Municipality of Makri.
The olive cultivation training program will be completed in 10 training sessions to be held on a two-day basis by the end of May 2018, including 60 teaching hours. Upon completion of the training, five (5) trainees will be selected to receive individual tailor made training for one (1) growing season. At the same time, a total of 30 hours of training will be conducted on issues related to the standardization / processing of the primary product.
The main learning objectives for the trainee of this program are:
1. To acquire the skills and experiences that will enable him / her to meet the needs of a relative farming activity.
2. To be able to contribute to the enrichment and growth of the industry in its area.
3. To understand the dynamic and multidimensional nature of the industry.
4. To understand the environmental, social and intercultural aspects of the industry, and how it affects society, the economy and the environment.
5. To know and appreciate the concept and principles of sustainability and social responsibility in the context of the exercise of agricultural activity.